Sunday, March 17, 2013

maths IB and pencil cases

So yesterday I went and brought a ton of pens. I'm not sure why but it makes me really happy when I get stationary and I'm organised. I also brought some pencils and I got  my ti-84 from America which is exciting for maths studies ;) I sound like a nerd but yeah. What I get really annoyed about is people considering maths studies stupid... I mean it's still and IB course and you do a lot of what the SL does. Doing HL maths isn't anymore difficult than studies it just depends on the person because it might be the same amount of difficulty for someone to understand than Maths HL is for another. Obviously if you can cope with HL and are doing studies that's another thing but I don't think it's right to make fun of people for doing studies if they're finding it just as difficult then you when you're doing HL. Think of it in terms of singing, if a good singer is trying to sing opera that's like HL maths but if a person who is completely tone deaf and is struggling to sing normally isn't it just as hard? I think we need to be a bit more considerate of people because what may be difficult in other subjects may be really difficult for you and vice versa. These levels they put us in in school is similar because you are only considered 'smart' if you're in set 1 and the people in set 5 are seen as slackers but what if they're trying just as hard as you? these sets also don't show everyone potential, as I said before the material we're doing in studies is the same as SL, in fact I took there quiz and I got higher than a lot of them...even in GCSE's I was predicted C's and came out with A*'s you just need to quit judging from the past and give everyone a chance because they'll most likely surprise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment